3 cups sunflower or pumpkin seed flour
1 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp honey
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
2 Tbsp chia or hemp seeds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf very generously with coconut oil (super important).
2. Grind raw sunflower or pumpkin seeds in a high speed blender until a fine powder.
3. Repeat this process for the flaxseed.
4. In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine arrowroot powder, sunflower or pumpkin seed flour, ground flax seed, salt, and baking soda.
5. In a large bowl, beat eggs with a handmixer until super thick and frothy, about 4-5 minutes.
6. Stir honey and vinegar into the eggs. Fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until well combined. Fold in sesame, chia/hemp seeds and sunflower seeds.
7. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes. Let cool 10-15 minutes before removing from loaf pan.
This bread comes out perfect every time. I have also used molasses in the place of the honey for a darker and more dense loaf. The sunflower seeds react with the baking soda while baking so you will see a green inside when you slice the loaf. It tastes great plain or toasted with coconut oil or grass fed butter. It also holds up well for sandwiches and does not crumble in the car!!